Marked explicit for descriptions of a brutal murder, subsequent pictures, sexual content, and profanity.
Everything & Everyone Are Not Always What They Seem:
- Brandon had a more sordid past that he was letting on. And the reason he grew up in the foster care system was not because he was abandoned by his parents. It was much more dark & sinister than that.
- Be it his childhood, DNA, or just his own nature, Brandon had interests that were borderline illegal. Allegedly, according to a close friend of his, Brandon was not only into gaming and manga, but he was also heavily into “lolicon”.
- According to this same friend, Brandon was texting a 12 year old girl, when he was 16. His friends found out about it and confronted him via text. Brandon’s response, “Trust me, you’re all better off not being concerned with the shit I do or think of doing, because you won’t like what you see.”
- Clearly this is not the same person Bianca’s family was seeing. But Bianca’s friends could see it, and they were warning her that he was just another one of her orbiters, and an incel at that.
Friend, Foe, or Incel:
- Be it from past experience, or just not seeing what her friends were, Bianca continued to hang out with Brandon, and a friend, and sometimes a friend with benefits. But this did not stop her from talking with other guys, online or irl. And, although Brandon was quietly acting cool about it, underneath the surface, he was anything but.
- July 13th, 2019, Bianca was given permission by her mother, Kim to attend a Nicole Dollanganger concert at “Trans-Pecos”, a small venue in Queens, NY. Bianca was going with Brandon, as a friend, but she had plans to meet up with a guy she had met online. Brandon was likely unaware of this.
- During the concert, Bianca was able to meet up with “Oipu”, his user handle, and the two seemed to hit it off, and even shared a kiss. Bianca even sent DM’s to her friends saying, “he smells so nice lol” and “He’s Perfect…I’m in love”. That was supposedly Oipu’s first kiss. And Brandon saw the kiss from afar, as he went off to get rolling papers.
- Brandon was now the 3rd wheel, and maybe reality was finally setting in, that he was in fact not Bianca’s boyfriend after all.
- Brandon argued with Bianca, and the two left Queens and headed back to Utica around 10pm.
- The next time anyone would see Bianca Devins again, would be online, just a few minutes after 6am. Only this is a version of their friend they had never seen before.
So What Happened???
- Most of what we know comes from Brandon himself, either by mouth, or what he posted online about what occurred.
- The photo you just saw, which I will not be making public, due to its brutality, and out of respect to her family, can still be found online if you dig deep enough, unfortunately.
- Alongside this graphic photo, it was written “Sorry fuckers, you’re gonna have to find somebody else to orbit”.
- Many followers thought it was fake, maybe part of a homemade movie, or just a prank. They couldn’t have been further from the truth. When asked by one follower where the photo was taken, after a reverse image search online got no results, the poster responded, “My fucking car. I fuck Bianca dumbass.” To add insult to injury, the poster then tells people to go on YouTube and subscribe to “PewDiePie”.
- About an hour later, numerous calls were being made to the Utica PD informing them of the photo, and concern about its authenticity. Lt. Bryan Coromato was also getting phone calls from Brandon’s family, as they had found what they believed to be a suicide note at his aunt’s house.
The Internet is a Powerful Force:
- Brandon continued to post, this time on his Instagram stories, a photo showing part of Bianca’s bloodied body, with the murder weapon next to her, captioned “I’m sorry Bianca”. He then changed his bio to show his date of death as July 14th, 2019, which was the current date.
- Brandon messages his mother on Facebook, sometime that evening, saying “I’m so sorry mom. I love you.”
- Not 10 minutes after the Utica PD began receiving phone calls from people concerned about Bianca and Brandon, Brandon himself calls 911.
The End is Near:
- Police respond within minutes of Brandon’s 911 call. They find the words, “May you never forget me” spray painted on the road near his SUV.
- Not far off that road, they spot Brandon laying on top of a green tarp, and they notice the shape of a body underneath the tarp, with some female accessories placed to the side of the tarp.
- While at gunpoint, Brandon continues to live stream the whole thing. He then cuts his own throat, and proceeds to take and post a selfie to Instagram.
- One of the investigators on the scene believes Brandon underestimated how much it would hurt to cut his own throat, as his wounds, although severe, were not life-threatening.
- When asked where Bianca was, as he sat rocking back & forth, he commented, “Where the fuck do you think she is?”, as Bianca’s hair spilled from beneath the tarp.
What Happened Next?
- Brandon was transported to the hospital and survived his self-inflicted wounds. The following day he was interviewed by investigators and placed under arrest.
- Brandon was charged with the 2nd degree murder of Bianca Devins.
- As if her family hadn’t endured enough, the photo showing the nearly decapitated head, with massive neck wound of their daughter was being shared over every social media platform. Many trying to find out if it was in fact real, and others saying derogatory things about Bianca and how she deserved what she got. Some people were even sending it to Nicole Dollanganger herself. She finally had to post a message online telling people to stop sending it to her.
- Psychological Terrorism is what Bianca’s family endured. Over & over & over again, her mother, sister, grandfather, and other family members had to deal with the images made public. But to make matters worse, they find out that Brandon recorded him and Bianca having sex in the early morning hours after the concert. It is unknown whether Bianca knew she was being recorded or not. But then Brandon confronted her about the kiss, they argued some more, and he went to the trunk to get the large knife he brought with him. And while Bianca got dressed, he proceeded to slice her throat, repeatedly until he knew she was dead. Oh, and by the way, Brandon had researched on his home computer in the days leading up to the concert how to properly cut someone’s throat, to sever the carotid artery.
- This, along with bringing the knife, and his supposed suicide note left at his aunt’s house, prove this was a calculated, cold-blooded, planned murder. It fits the all too knowing narrative of, “If I can’t have you, no one will.”
And So It Ends:
- After some gamesmanship shown by Brandon Clark, choosing to plead guilty, then trying to walk it back, which the court did not allow. Then his sentencing hearing being held up because of the Covid Pandemic. Brandon was finally sentenced by the court to 25 years to life. At the sentencing hearing, Bianca’s mother, sister, and grandfather spoke on her behalf. While Brandon, took the opportunity to apologize to them for what he did. And, I will let you hear a clips of their messages on that day.
What Do You Think, Is He Sorry or Not?
- Well, what do you think? Does he seem truly sorry for his actions, or is he just sorry he got caught? Or, maybe he’s not really sorry at all. Discuss.
- Bianca’s family vows to be present at all of Brandon’s parole hearings. They created a scholarship in her name to help local students who choose to pursue a degree in Psychology. And, they will continue to pursue legislation to hold social media companies accountable for the graphic content it allows to be posted on their platforms.
- One thing is for certain, Bianca was just 17 years old before her young life was brutally taken from her. She had just put herself back together, rekindled relationships with her family and friends. She was getting ready to start college. And was a very talented artist. She will continue to missed by those that knew her & loved her most. And that is something that time cannot heal, instead it just brings with it a numbness one learns to endure.
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.inputmag.com/gaming/its-time-to-submit-to-the-uwu-girls-of-discord
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.cyberdefinitions.com/definitions/LOLICON.html
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/bianca-devins-viral-death-murder-926823/
Accessed September, 2022. https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/justice-for-bianca-man-accused-of-brutally-murdering-bianca-devins-pleads-not-guilty/https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bianca-devins-murder-violent-images-psychological-terrorism-48-hours/
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.malwarebytes.com/swatting#:~:text=Doxxing%20is%20a%20type%20of,home%20like%20a%20SWAT%20team.
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.apa.org/ptsd-guideline/patients-and-families/cognitive-behavioral
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.inputmag.com/gaming/its-time-to-submit-to-the-uwu-girls-of-discord
Accessed September, 2022. https://thecinemaholic.com/where-is-brandon-clark-now/
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.newsweek.com/bianca-devins-death-brother-killer-brandon-clark-1449439
Accessed September, 2022. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_Dollanganger
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.nylon.com/articles/nicole-dollanganger-interview
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.businessinsider.com/pewdiepie-youtube-felix-kjellberg-life-career-controvery-2019-9#kjellbergs-history-of-making-nazi-jokes-didnt-age-well-especially-after-the-fatal-2017-white-nationalist-rally-in-charlottesville-kjellberg-promised-to-stop-making-nazi-jokes-vowing-he-had-nothing-to-do-with-these-people-and-was-alarmed-he-actually-got-grouped-in-with-them-25
Accessed September, 2022. https://heavy.com/news/2019/07/brandon-clark/
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.uticaod.com/story/news/2019/09/30/accused-killer-clark-in-court/2649417007/
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bianca-devins-murder-violent-images-psychological-terrorism-48-hours/
Accessed September, 2022. https://crestresearch.ac.uk/resources/a-short-introduction-to-the-involuntary-celibate-sub-culture/
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57867813
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49002486
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/8/1/20748707/egirl-definition-what-is-an-eboy
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/bianca-devins-murder-brandon-clark-trial-video-951548/
Accessed September, 2022. https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/4-chilling-details-bianca-devins-murder-case